He has a unique style which integrates a balance of information, perspective, group participation, coaching and a playful sense of humour. He is both personable and competent. He has understood the importance of facilitating people’s involvement and applied his field-based principles to a variety of situations. His procedural model for debriefing provides a powerful tool for personal mastery and learning organizations. As an ever curious designer of games and experiential activities, he has facilitated groups and trained other people to do the same. Shahrill’s unique, interactive training mode ensures enthusiastic involvement with even the most jaded group
Shahrill deliver his expertise in Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, India and New Zealand, Vietnam, Middle East, Brunei and East Africa.
He holds the following qualifications:
- MBA (USA)
- BSc(Hons) (Sports Science, UK )
- Diploma in PE ( CPE , Singapore )
- Master Trainer – Master Trainer Institute ,USA
- Certified Behavioural Consultant Certification Institute of Motivational Living , USA
- Professional Stress Management Consultant Certification (International Association of Councilors and Therapists (IACT), USA
- Certified TetraMap Profiling ( 2003, 2006)
- Certified NLP Practitioner
- Certification in Adventure and Experiential Learning (Course and Curriculum Design) – Project Adventure, USA
- Certification in Adventure and Experiential Learning (Course and Curriculum Design , UK )
In Addition, Shahrill is also a member of the following international organizations:
- American Society for Training and Development
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- International Association of Facilitators
- ASEAN Training Network ( one of two members from Singapore )
- European Institute for Outdoor Adventure Education and Experiential Learning (OAEEOE) the one and only Singapore member outside Europe)
The organisations that have benefited from Shahrill’s learning adventures include : United Overseas Bank,Standard Chartered Bank, Citigroup , UBS Bank , Nokia, Hewlett Packard, ExxonMobil , DHL, Pfizer, Daimler Chrysler, Ministry of Defence, Police Force, Yayasan Mendaki, Ministry Of Education, Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore, Institute of Technical Education, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority Of Singapore (AVA), Qatar Ministry of Finance , Ghana Civil Service ,Abu Dhabi Civil Service , Vietnam-Singapore Training Centre, Singapore Management University, Housing and Development Board, Hunter Douglas Singapore, TEAC (Indonesia), Jakarta International Container Terminal , Regency International Hotels & Resorts ( Malaysia ), Time Engineering ( Malaysia), Nestle Kuantan ( Malaysia) and many more.
He is a much sough after facilitator for corporate and professional courses – namely leadership , change management , team development , personal success , innovation – in ASEAN, South Asia Middle East , Africa and other parts of the world. In January 2003, he was one of the distinguished speaker at a Human Capital Conference held in Singapore. And Since sept 2002 he has often been interviewed to share his thoughts and views on the development of HRD in the industry , especially on team development. 23rd Aug 2004 marks another great milestone in his career when he was invited to run a seminar kick-off session for a group of high level civil service officers and dignitaries from the Commonwealth Countries . Since 2005, he has become a much sought after trainer by Civil Service College International / IPAM to facilitate and deliver Management courses for foreign governments.