2 days ( 9am – 5pm )
5S is the name of a workplace organization method that uses a list of five Japanese words—seiri, seiton, seiso, seiketsu, and shitsuke—to explain how a work space should be organized for efficiency and effectiveness by identifying and storing the items used, maintaining the area, and sustaining the new order. The decision-making process is based on standardization, which teaches employees how they should do the work.
5S at its core is about removing non-value added processes by developing standard methods for doing the necessary work. An effective 5S program will therefore improve efficiency, quality and employee safety.
- Learn the 5S concept and establish a demonstration 5S standard corner
- Understand the importance of 5S
- Reviving 5S Program.
- Implementing Effectively.
- Achieve productivity and efficiency in their workplace
- Create a neat and tidy working environment
- Achieve and maintain high Quality, low Cost and prompt Delivery
- Achieve organization vision and mission
- Transform a culture of discipline, considerate, logic, friendliness
- Know the standard of World Class levels of workplace organization and the company cultural shift for ‘5S”
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT
- Practical examples that link the 5S concept with the participant’s workplace environment.
- The implementation guide offers technical guidance on how to integrate the 5S workplace standard into the ISO 9001 or 14001 management system to ensure sustainable 5S implementation.
- Participants will learn the 5S concept through various examples and success stories.
Pre Assessment Day (UPON DISCUSSION AND APPROVAL FROM THE CLIENT)
- 1st Hand GEMBA Audit
- Interview workers (random) on 5S. Feedback for Customization
- Identify targeted area ( 2 areas ) for project. Discussion with management team
Reviving 5S : Class Day
- Japanese 5S. Setting the correct mindset for 5S
- What is 5S All About?
- Failures to Success in 5S & Learning ‘how to see’ waste.
- Sustaining Effectively. Cultural Change
- Looking 5S in your area
- GEMBA : Let’s do 5S
- Creating a Visual Workplace
- Audit GEMBA
- First STEP : SEIRI
- Second STEP : SEITON
- Third STEP : SEISO
KAIZEN : Improvement Day
- Area / Machine Improvement
- Low Budget, High Effective Method
- Fourth STEP : SEIKETSU
- POKA-YOKE 5S
- Blending into your system
- Final STEP : SHITSUKE
- How to sustain a 5S program
- Next Step : Beyond 5S